Sunday, September 09, 2007

September 9th


Oh dear. What can I say? This has to be one of the least successful days of Paul's ebay life so far as he had several auctions ending today and found not one buyer.

You might be forgiven for thinking I am repeating myself but I'm afraid it is Paul who is repeating himself by relisting the items that he failed to sell on September 2nd. The books were:
The Advanced Airbrush Book by Cecil Misstear with Helen Scott-Harman, Saucy Seaside Postcards by Alan Wykes, The Encyclopedia of Yachting by Peter Johnson and Design and Sell Toys Games & Crafts by Filis Frederick.

Paul did originally have two copies of the Saucy Seaside Postcard book and he listed them both on the same day. One sold, the other didn't.

The other three books were all left on the shelf (as it were) when Paul listed them the first time so I really don't think he should be surprised that they failed to sell this time - especially when he did nothing to "jazz up" the listings or change things in any way.

Come on Paul! You're an expert ebayer and I'm sure you can do better than that.

There's simply no point in me listing any of the details as they are all identical to those given on September 2 when these items were first listed so I hope you'll forgive me for aggregating the information. All the books were listed for either £4 or £5 (the book about games and toys was the cheaper one, all of the others were a fiver) and the postage costs were either £3 or £3.50 (the yachting book was £3.50, all the others were £3) so it would have cost someone £19 + £12.50 to get hold of all the books.

Will Paul relist the books. Will he continue to chase this £19 profit or will he admit defeat and move on? I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

In the mean time I'm sure Paul will enjoy owning his books for just a little longer. Not a lot!

4 comments:

Andy said...

Very enjoyable website and one that keeps me entertained whenever I dip into it to get the latest updated on Mr Daniels' ebay activity. However, it seems as if you have missed one of his purchases. On 29 August he purchased a "Fabulous Carved Erotic Mermaid", item number 150153914373. He was the only bidder, paying £4.99 for it. Given that the mermaid is depicted as topless I wonder what the lovely Debbie McGee will think of this purchase. Not a lot!

Paul Daniels said...

Thanks for the tip off Andy... it's very much appreciated. I've put a backdated entry in about the purchase so that things appear in the correct order.

Do you mind if I ask you what technique you used to track down this bit of Paul Daniels/ebay interaction.

Monitoring his sales is easy, but finding his purchases can be tricky if he and the seller do not give feedback.

It doesn't show up in a google search either... so if you have a new technique, do let me know.

Andy said...

Glad you appreciated the tip-off. I sure you wouldn't have wanted that ebay purchase to slip through the net (the pun was partially intended). Have you got an email address I could email across my method to? Don't want to go giving away my trade secrets!

Paul Daniels said...

I've just edited out my e-mail address as I so rarely check that inbox. But thanks for the e-mail Andy. I never knew that!

And now people can expect Paul Daniels' Ebay Transactions to be even more comprehensive!!